Jack Lynch is affiliated with the Gallagher Law Firm through Lynch Gallagher.
- Represented Plaintiffs in a class action to quiet title to oil and gas rights in land acquired by the State by tax foreclosure after oil and gas rights were severed from surface ownership. The trial court held that severed oil and gas rights are not subject to taxation and foreclosure. Settlement resulted in a multi-million dollar recovery. Black Stone Minerals Co v Michigan Department of Treasury.
- Successfully represented an oil and gas company in litigation that helped define the Public Service Commission's authority to regulate those engaged in the business of buying and selling or transporting natural gas. Savoy Oil & Gas, Inc. v. Preston Oil Co., 210 Mich. App. 477, 534 N.W.2d 129 (1995).
- Arbitrator for the American Arbitration Association.
- Board of the Broomfield Foundation.
- Board of Central Michigan Community Hospital.
- Volunteer for Legal Services of Mid-Michigan.
- AV rated by Martindale-Hubbell.
- Listed in Best Lawyers since 2007.
- Selected member of Best Lawyers in America for Oil & Gas Law, 2012.
Areas of Practice
- University of Michigan Law School, J.D.
- John Carroll University, B.A.
State Bar of Michigan
- Member, Master Lawyers Section
- Member, Real Property Law Section
Isabella County Bar Association
American Bar Association
Association of Trial Lawyers of America
Illinois Trial Lawyers Association
Energy and Mineral Law Foundation
Historical Society of Michigan
Incorporated Society of Irish-American Lawyers
Michigan Audubon Society, Life Member
Michigan Head Injury Alliance, Century Club
Michigan Oil & Gas Association
Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Foundation
Professional Affiliation with the Gallagher Law Firm, PLC
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Michigan