Attorney Pat Gallagher is founder of The Gallagher Law Firm overseeing its day-to-day operations, as well as the long term strategic planning of the firm. He focuses his law practice on the needs of businesses and specializes in a wide variety of transactional matters, litigation and mediation. Mr. Gallagher has litigated cases throughout Michigan before the American Arbitration Association, State and Federal Courts, Michigan Court of Appeals, Michigan Supreme Court and the United States Court of Appeals.
In In addition to practicing law, Mr. Gallagher is a working participant in several significant business ventures involving real estate and banking. He has held a Michigan Real Estate Broker license since 1998. His bank involvement includes being an incorporator, director and committee member of the local Summit Community Bank as well as participation in the Michigan Association of Community Bankers.
- Served as a receiver for a variety of business, real estate, and financing disputes.
- As appointed Ingham County Public Administrator, assisted the county in various probate and guardianship matters.
- Approved Facilitative Mediator of business, real estate, and probate disputes authorized by more than 32 District, Civil, or Probate courts in Michigan.
- Appointed by Circuit Courts in Ingham, Eaton, and Clinton Counties as a case evaluator.
- Provided expert witness testimony for business entity formation and legal fee reasonableness issues.
- Martindale Hubbell AV rating since 2000.
- Served as a speaker on a variety of topics including incorporation, real estate transfer issues, estate planning techniques, judgment enforcement, title examination, and commercial and real estate loan documents.
- Successfully defended nightclub business owner in nuisance lawsuit and subsequent appeal. (Capitol Properties Group, LLC v 1247 Ctr St, LLC, 283 Mich App 422; 770 NW2d 105 (2009))
Areas of Practice
- Washington University School of Law, St. Louis, MS, J.D.
- Kenyon College, B.A.
State Bar of Michigan
- Member, Business Law Section
- Member, Real Property Section
- Member, Estate Planning Section
Ingham County Bar Association
Eaton County Bar Association
Clinton County Bar Association
Eastern and Western Districts Federal Bar Associations
DRI - The Voice of the Defense Bar
American Land Title Association (ALTA)
Michigan Land Title Association (MLTA)
- Legislative Committee
- Title Counsel Committee
Michigan Association of Community Bankers
Michigan Association of Professional Landmen
Michigan Oil & Gas Association
Michigan Licensed Real Estate Broker
General Counsel to Lansing Chapter of Safari Club International
Chamber of Commerce member for:
- U.S. Tax Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Michigan